Scratching Noise in Ceiling
"There's a scratching noise coming from the ceiling."
If you are hearing a scratching noise coming from the ceiling, we will ask you the following questions to help determine the cause:
- What time(s) of day is it scratching?
- Is the scratching noise always in the same spot?
- How long have you been hearing the noise?
- Do you hear it travel from point A to point B fast or slow?
- Have you ever had wild animals in your house or structure before?
- Do you know of any holes or way a critter could access your home?
- Is your soffit / eaves in good repair?
- How old is your home?
- Do you have a ranch style house or a two-story?
- Is there attic space above the noise or is the noise between the first and second floors?
- Is your attic accessible?
- Do you hear any verbal audible sounds?
- Do you have any pets? If yes, do you feed them inside or out?
- Do you have a bird feeder?
- Have you ever had mice in the house before?
Depending on your answers to the above questions, the problem may be caused by the following critters:
- Mouse or Mice
- Flying Squirrel
The solution may involve the following:
- Investigate CSI (Critter Scene Investigation)
- Clean up fecal matter
- Exclusion (repair and prevent recurrence)
Call us today and sleep better tonight!
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking website: